UbSvr Software RAID

Matthew A Coulliette matthewdistro at cox.net
Tue May 26 03:09:21 UTC 2009

Christopher Chan wrote:

>> How do I do that.  I am in the middle of the installation process. -
>> MatthewMPP
>>

> Don't know if you have already got around the problem but when you get
> to the LVM stage, you have to reselect the raid setups as the installer
> (was like this in Hardy anyway) will have 'forgotten'.

I have not resolved the problem yet, can you explain more.  From what I
can tell...

Here is my current partition table:
RAID1 device #0 - 131.5mb software RAID device
                         #1   131.5mb      f      swap      swap
SCSI2 (0,0,0) (sda) -  120.0 GB ATA ST3120827AS
                         #1   primary   131.6   mb   k   raid
                         #2   primary   58.9   gb   k   raid
                         #3   primary   58.9   gb   k   raid
                         #4   primary   2.0   gb   k   raid
SCSI2 (0,1,0) (sdb) -  120.0 GB ATA ST3120827AS
                         #1   primary   131.6   mb   k   raid
                         #2   primary   58.9   gb   k   raid
                         #3   primary   58.9   gb   k   raid
                         #4   primary   2.0   gb   k   raid

I think I am supposed to edit RAID1 device #0 and create my partitions
again as active, but I am not sure.  Do you think I am supposed to edit
the sda or sdb partition table, before proceeding, or does this all look
correct and I should proceed as is?
sdfsdf