Any luck with Canon iP2600 printer?

eyore15 User mr.mcmiller at gmail.com
Mon May 25 01:25:26 UTC 2009

On Sun, 24 May 2009 07:52:24 -0700, Jerry Houston wrote:

> Can anyone suggest how I could get my Canon Pixma iP2600 to work with
> Ubuntu?
>
> It's connected to a machine that will dual-boot to Vista Ultimate, and
> there's no problem using it that way, but I'm getting tired of booting
> Vista to use the printer.
>
> If anyone here has gotten it to work with Ubuntu, I'd sure appreciate
> some advice.
>
> Thanks,
>
>     Jerry in Bothell, WA

Canon does not really work and play well with Ubuntu.  I had a Pixima iP
series printer and couldn't get it to work with 8.04, 8.10, or 9.04.
Worked find with a pc, so I found a PC to pair it with and got an HP to
use with Ubuntu.  The more technical people among us may have other info,
but I couldn't find drivers from Canon for practically any of their
printers to allow them to work in Ubuntu.  A guru of mine said that I
should just stay away from Canon completely.  The HP stuff worked out of
the box.  I suspect "buy a different printer" wasn't what you wanted to
hear, so I'll defer now to the smart people who may have a real answer
for you.  I'm just passing along my experience

--
mark c. miller
indianapolis IN