wicd for Intrepid and Hardy

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sun May 24 18:09:15 UTC 2009

    I was surprised that wicd is not available on Intrepid and Hardy
from the normal repositories like it is on Jaunty.

    So I went to sourceforge and found wicd and there I found the
package wicd_1.5.9-all.deb and I d/l that and found I had to remove
network-manager before the deb loader would work.

    Google got me karl at cheap-laptop:~$ sudo apt-get remove
network-manager network-manager-gnome. This then allowed the deb loader
to load wicd and now it is my Internet WiFi software. It is so automatic
I need to do nothing more to get WiFi and no keyrings to mess with :-)

Karl