keyrings

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Fri May 22 22:20:03 UTC 2009

Steve Reilly wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>>     I am having trouble with keyrings. To get my wireless network to
>> work I have to give the darn thing my password! It used to take just one
>> I was forced to make which had a simple password.
>>
>>     I can't find out anything about this mess! I tried keys and got ssh
>> stuff which is not what I want. Where can I read about this stuff? I
>> want to turn it all OFF. You do not need it on a small laptop :-)
>>
>> Karl
>>

> try system> preferences> startup programs> gnome-keyring-daemon and
> uncheck it.  if im way off base on this someone else chime in, i dont
> see the harm in not having it running.... right?
>

> steve

I did that and rebooted but the error is still there. I wrote it down so
I can TRY to fix this 9.04 bug. I think what you recommend should be the
normal conditions. I will report what I find at /usr/bin/nm-applet and
see about a "default keyring, but it is locked. ''

Sure sounds like someones GOOD idea that is not :-)