Binary incompatibility of Linux distributions

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Thu May 21 17:49:46 UTC 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:

>> Everything Linux is a blinking moving target. There has to be a
>> compromise and if you do not like that, go install Debian stable. They
>> don't compromise...they just make a release after a decade or two.
>>

> While this comes off as "if you don't like it, then leave" it is
> actually sound advice. To those who need a rock-solid distro, Debian
> stable or CentOS is the place to be. Ubuntu is not.

Please, please!  Friends don't suggest their friends use CentOS.  I
administer one CentOS server and I hate it more than Windows...

Now, if you want rock-solid, I can second the Debian suggestion.  I want
Ubuntu because I _expect_ it to be updated more often than Debian.  Even
running "testing" was too slow for me.
--
derek