Binary incompatibility of Linux distributions

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu May 21 14:33:30 UTC 2009

>> I'll believe Mark Shuttleworth's intentions are true only if the Intel video
>> driver bug gets fixed before Karmic -- see below:
>>
> Since when did the Intel video driver becomes Mark Shuttleworth's or
> Canonical's responsibility?

It became Canonical's responsibility when they started distributing an
operating system that depends on it. I do not care who is responsible
for any particular bug, I turn to my OS vendor (the distro) when these
issues arise, as it _is_ their responsibility to provide a working
solution. Otherwise, I would use Linux From Scratch.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il