DVD writing issues

Lorenzo Taylor daxlinux at gmail.com
Thu May 21 05:35:43 UTC 2009

AFAIK, it is unnecessary to format DVD+RW media before writing it, as the drive
takes care of that for you. Try just writing the data to the disc without
formatting it and see what happens. Here it seems to always work. I don't think
I have ever formatted a DVD+RW disc before starting to write it, and if I want
to overwrite it, I can just write the new image over the old one without doing
anything special, although I believe it is possible to blank out the disc, but
not necessary in order to overwrite it.

HTH,
Lorenzo
--