Soundblaster drivers where, oh where can I get some?

Frans ketelaars at wanadoo.nl
Wed May 20 13:05:19 UTC 2009

On Wed, 20 May 2009 07:14:24 -0500, J Bickhard wrote:

> I have a SB AWE64, and need the drivers for Ubuntu, where can I download
> a compiled binaries? I'm a totall n00b, and have no idea how to compile
> one, because I don't know the directory tree well enough, so I can't
> compile it good on my own. I just want compiled binaries of a
> Soundblaster AWE64 drivers. (isa, if it makes a diff)

See http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-Creative_Labs
for the list of supported cards from Creative Labs. There are already
drivers for supported cards on your system. With the command
"cat /proc/asound/cards" (without quotes) you can check if your card is
recognized.

Good luck!

    -Frans