Music in terminal

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 19 20:46:14 UTC 2009

On 05/19/2009 11:42 AM, Linda wrote:
> Brian McKee wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>> Aha !  I can confirm that behaviour here with Rythmbox and Hardy.  I
>> didn't actually log in before.  Playback stops until I log into the
>> console, then it continues.  Once I'm logged in it only hiccups
>> slightly switching back and forth.
>>
>> So, Linda, does that help?
>>
>> Brian
>>

> For me It pauses until I return to X Windows still wonder it it is a
> setting somewhere. For now I'll just play with some of the terminal
> programs that everyone suggested.
>         Linda

I finally got my jaunty system fixed that has no pulseaudio on it (had
to blow out .gconf). Audio is only set for alsa & switching to tty1-4
keeps the music playing (Rhythmbox) & only a slight interuption when I
switch back to Ctrl-Alt-F7.

You might want to have a look at some of these bug reports:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rhythmbox/+bug/236177
[rhythmbox stops playing when switching to terminal]
duplicate of
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/213149
[pulseaudio breaks on switching from tty7 to tty [1-6] (in and out of Gnome]