Amarok 1.4 not playing MP3s

Edgars Šmits ed.smits at gmail.com
Tue May 19 05:43:45 UTC 2009

I'm running Jaunty, hated the new Amarok, uninstalled it and for the
last few weeks have been happily using Amarok 1.4, no prtoblems.
Friday, in a moment of stupidity, I was cleaning up my system using
orphan control etc etc, and I guess I wasn't paying attention, must
have removed something that was necessary for Amarok to play MP3's...

This morning came in and discovered my error - when you try to play an
MP3 it says "some media could not be loaded". Starting Amarok from the
command line doesn't give you any more info. So far I have checked and
it looks like all necessary codecs/libraries are installed, at least
as far as I can tell, I even removed Amarok 14 and reinstalled it, no
joy.

Any ideas as to what I removed that needs to be there? MP3 support in
other app's - no problem.

Cheers

Ed (the idiot)

--
R.U. Sirius: I used to take a lot of acid. Now I'm older, I take a lot
of antacid.