Music in terminal

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Tue May 19 03:11:29 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 6:26 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 05/18/2009 07:33 AM, Brian McKee wrote:
>> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 10:16 AM, Linda <haniganwork at earthlink.net> wrote:
>>> I use to listen to start music in x windows with rhythm box and then
>>> switch to terminal and work. Ever since I changed to the new LTS version
>>> when I switch I lose the sound until I return to X windows. The
>>> samething happens with amarock.
>> I'll be durned.  Happens with Rhythmbox here.  Hadn't noticed before.
> On my laptop, I only lose sound from rhythmbox until the tty login is
> complete, then it resumes. The laptop has default pulseaudio installed.

Aha !  I can confirm that behaviour here with Rythmbox and Hardy.  I
didn't actually log in before.  Playback stops until I log into the
console, then it continues.  Once I'm logged in it only hiccups
slightly switching back and forth.

So, Linda, does that help?

Brian

--
All you need to know about Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty -> gconftool -s --type
bool /apps/update-notifier/auto_launch false