jaunty the worst ever

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Tue May 19 00:41:42 UTC 2009

On Monday 18 May 2009 6:03:40 am Steve Flynn wrote:
> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Graham Todd <grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com>
wrote:
> > I am a UK user, and I have had nothing but problems when using (any
> > flavour of) Linux with Dell computers: I do not like them and will not
> > even have a secondhand one in the house.  They appear to me to be the
> > ultimate example of hardware designed for an OS - and Windows at that.
> > Mind you, if I wanted a cheap (and inexpensive) Windows box, then I
> > would consider getting a Dell.
>
> On the other side of the coin, I currently have 9.04 installed on a
> Dell XPS 420 and an Alienware mx-15 - both Dell machines. No problem
> at all with either of them. Rick solid in fact, under both Vista and
> Linux.

I have been very happy with my factory installed Kubuntu Dell 1525n for the
past year.  I as well as the rest of our group stayed with 8.04 since KDE was
not adequately supported by the more recent Ubuntu releases.  One of our more
adventurous members went to 8.10 but was back to 8.04 in a week.  He says he
will not ever again update first and talked other fellow out of trying 9.04.
Perhaps it will be ready by 10.04, whats that?  Leaping Lemming?

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org