jaunty the worst ever

Faizan Kazi faizan.s.kazi at gmail.com
Mon May 18 18:20:53 UTC 2009

Sorry guys, I was wrong about calling 9.04 an LTS release, but it was an
official release (not alpha or beta) and its got more bugs than 8.10, and so
the really high expectations I had are shattered.

The only two things I can think of that seem to have improved, is that my
screen savers are a little smoother, and i like the new volume control
display (if you have media keys on your keyboard you know what i mean)
/notification area! Its really not much progress :s

I'll be glad to help with the Gentoo stuff if you want.  I was one of
> the early Gentoo converts and have been using it faithfully for 4+ years
> now.  Offlist, or on the gentoo list.
>
> Thanks Mr Haney, I might just take you up on that, or hopefully I'll see
you on the gentoo mailing list in case I have any questions! So far so good!
Sabayons documentation isn't great, but it'll suffice, also, Gentoo's
official documentation covers the basics pretty well. :)

> --
> Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
>
> Mark Haney
> Sr. Systems Administrator
> ERC Broadband
> (828) 350-2415