jaunty the worst ever

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sun May 17 22:28:42 UTC 2009

On Sun, 17 May 2009 18:03:50 -0400
Mike McGinn <mikemcginn at mcginnweb.net> wrote:

> So, since Kubuntu seems to be getting incrementally worse instead of improving
> it is time to ignore all the hype and start looking for a distro where they
> actually do testing before release.
>
> Jaunty Jackalope my Irish Ass! More like Jaunty Jackass.

You are on the Ubuntu mainling list, which is based on Gnome, so no
point bitching about KDE, nobody will care, better redirect your
complaints to the KUbuntu mailing list, where it belongs... though from
what I understand of your message, you are unhappy with KDE itself, and
its apps, not with the KUbuntu distribution as such. A distribution
offers what upstream apps have to offer, you can't possibly blame a
distribution for the state of the vairous apps. Woudl seem more logical
to complaion to the respective authors of the various KDE apps you are
unhappy with. Distributions are not there to fix upstream apps,
especially KUbuntu as they hardly have the human resources that Ubuntu
enjoys.
I have never likes KDE and your e-mail only conforts me in my view...
all I can say is, well, if you don't like KDE, just switch some other
other desktop environemment, the choice is yours.
Buit bear in mind that whatever you choose, you will always have
problems of some sort, so at the end of the
day you will have to make compromises and accept to live with some
downsides, whatever they may be.

--
Vince