Media player with crossfading effect.

anthony baldwin photodharma at gmail.com
Fri May 15 13:22:24 UTC 2009

Carl Friis-Hansen wrote:
> Raseel Bhagat wrote:
> <snip>
>> Hmm..  Ok, even if crossfading is not possibl, is there a way to prevent
>> the
>> glitches one sees when players like vlc or mplayer are transitioning from
>> one media file (video) to another ?
>
>> I just want to prevent this. I don't care if I am staring at a blank
>> screen
>> for a second, as long as the screen does not STOP.
> </snip>
>
> I had a stupid thought:  What if you continuously supply a video feed from
> your individual video files.  Then *any* video player would do.  How to
> pipe this video feed is beyond me, I think, but I am sure you or somebody
> else on list can do it.

That wouldn't be too hard.

cd /dir/full/of/video/files

find . -type f | mplayer -playlist - -loop 0

I use a similar script to loop audio files.

cd /dir/fulla/tunes
find . -type f | mplayer -playlist - -shuffle -loop 0

just added shuffle in there for that one.

/tony
--

http://www.photodharma.com
art & photos | tony baldwin