kino, xine, mplayer, totem: X11 error: BadAlloc

Wybo Dekker wybo at servalys.nl
Thu May 14 09:29:06 UTC 2009

NoOp wrote:
> On 05/10/2009 05:06 AM, Wybo Dekker wrote:
>> NoOp wrote:

>>> I wonder if this is related:
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mplayer/+bug/212493
>>> [mplayer pulseaudio freeze]
>> this made me try all available audio codecs (mplayer -ao help); none
>> worked except oss:
>>
>> mplayer -ao oss test.mov
>>

> I've had fun playing around with pulse... but in the end I finally had
> to get some work done & on this system just blew out everything
> pulseaudio related.

That's interesting and I was going to try to do that too. However, the
first message of Synaptic Package Manager, when I removed pulseaudio was
that ubuntu-desktop would have to be removed too. Looking there, makes
me reluctant to do so.:

    This package depends on all of the packages in the Ubuntu desktop
    system
    It is also used to help ensure proper upgrades, so it is recommended
    that it not be removed.

So what precisely did you do to scrag pulseaudio?

--
Wybo