Ubuntu keyboard restart

Bogdan I. Bursuc bursucboghy at gmail.com
Thu May 14 08:36:51 UTC 2009

Is there a way to restart my keyboard functionality, without restarting
X server?

Thing is that I use VMWare player and it happens when i switch from the
Player to Ubuntu for the computer to think that an shortcut key is
pressed, and I have to restart X for things to get back to normal,
because i can't use any of the shortcuts, for ex. it thinks ALT key is
pressed, actually is not but this is because of switching from the
VMware player where the key might have been pressed by mistake while
minimizing the window.

That's my though about this, anyway has to do with the keyboard. all i
need is to restart it's functionality without restarting X, cause is
hell to close and reopen all my running apps!

Thx.
--
Bogdan I. Bursuc <bogdanbursuc86 at gmail.com>