Trying to help?

Peter Lawrence gboyd.boyd315 at googlemail.com
Fri May 8 10:33:04 UTC 2009

Hello people,
             This is my very first mail sending action since I happily
installed Ubuntu onto on of my machine's hdd's.
     I have read; maybe? A thousand or more, or less, e-mails from, and
about the differing problems that users find whilst working on their own
  Ubuntu distro's/operating systems.
     I actually have around two hundred applications that are an
integral
part of my 42gb Ubuntu operating. Ubuntu is really and truly fantastic.
She is versatile, practical, easy to use, lovely to look at, fast,
efficient and so many other things that make Ubuntu the "king"; out of
all of the hundreds of different distro's.
    I myself have used at least twenty of the distro's that are
available, and have gotten myself ten disc's; each one capable of either
being used as live cd or as fully compliant operating systems but the
fact is. I absolutely love working on Ubuntu linux.
    I downloaded Windows 7 RC, onto a PC, last week and I quickly
realised that 7 is simply a fancy version of XP. that is really exactly
what all of the Windows guru's? cried so loud for and eventually got.
    I got rid of Windows & very quicly and re-imaged the machine that it
had been installed on, with Kubuntu (which I also love to bits).
    The only problem "bug", that I have found to be of any kind of
concern to me was an instance where I was using Evolution mail, and ran
into a problem with Httrack website copy (which I had used on Windows
years ago so felt confident to engage it). I messed up and created a big
hole into my network. I then got rid of every single part of "httrack",
and used sudo apt-get autoremove to clean any other stuff that was left
behind. I then reassessed my systems and evolution mail would not
send/recieve, at all. So I got rid of it, and ran Thunderbird, (which in
all honesty I like more). So now I have a fantastic mail provider, and
any cracks in my network have been sorted out.
    I would like to point out that in 9 months or more, this instance
was and is the only problem that I have had with Ubuntu Linux and I am
still totally in love with the system.
    If you guys that send all of the mail about what petty little things
you do not like about Ubuntu, spent half of the time concentrating on
what is SO! Darn good about the system then the Ubuntu world would be a
much nicer place.

     Thank you all,
                  Peter Lawrence.