The future of Ubuntu Linux.... Will it make Micky$oft go bankrupt?

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Wed May 13 00:39:09 UTC 2009

> Corel Linux was one of the first I tried.
> I thought it was cool having CorelDraw and WordPerfect.
> I wonder why that didn't take off better...

Simple, Microsoft killed it. Cash infusion into Corel and that's it.
Microsoft even issued a public apology of sorts to Corel for its high
handed dealings with Corel.

Corel could have been what Ubuntu is today or maybe even more given that
it had Wordperfect and its graphic suite. Microsoft moved real fast on
that one.