cant access google but ONLY from this machine

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Tue May 12 23:26:57 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 12 May 2009 2:39:03 pm Wade Smart wrote:
> 20090512 1635 GMT-5
>
> I have been sitting here researching these usb wireless adapters and
> about fifteen minutes ago I noticed that I couldnt access google. Then
> any page I clicked from my original google search page wouldnt come up.
>
> I then tried another search site like yahoo thinking it was my
> connection but it was fine. Then I tried accessing from my laptop and
> other computers in the house and they all connect fine.
>
> I restarted both of my browsers (ff and opera). I dumped the cache. Im
> rebooting now. This is a bit odd that its just my computer.

When it happened here, my laptop wouldn't go to certain places yet other
laptops (wireless) and desktops (wired) on the same local network could
connect to those places.  I brought the problem to this list a while back but
as soon as I discovered a fix I was set upon by several, it must be someone's
sacred cow.  Anyway after a few days of work I discovered the laptop would
work again as soon as I disabled IPv6 on it.  This is likely not fixed yet as
according to the list, there is no problem with IPv6 on Linux.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org