The future of Ubuntu Linux.... Will it make Micky$oft go bankrupt?

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Tue May 12 22:42:28 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 12 May 2009 21:22:49 Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> Lisi Reisz wrote:

> >>     Fedora is not what I am thinking of. Enterprise Linux comes close
> >> but it is pointed at business. Red Hat *might* be talked into opening a
> >> market for quality home Linux with real people that help you get it
> >> installed and working. As I said it will cost money but I hope not as
> >> much as Windows 7 costs today.
> >
> > As I said, Red Hat had just such a product.  They created Fedora to take
> > its place.  I personally have never seen any indication that they wish to
> > turn back the clock.
> >
> > Lisi
>
>     My idea is NOT Fedora. Fedora is another Ubuntu or mandrake ect. My
> idea based on the commercial success of Red Hat is to sell Help. Real
> paid for help from experts. You go to Wal Mart and buy this Linux for
> say $50.00 American, and you have bought some real tangible Help. In the
> package is a code that gets you 2 months of help.
>
>     This help is voice over the telephone or the Internet. The Help
> fixes the most vexing problems like no Desktop or no WiFi. It is fixed
> by d/l the proper stuff which will be there!

Karl, that is exactly what Red Hat used to have.  They stopped it.  I have
seen no indication that they wish to rescind their decision.  Whether or not
you agree with Red Hat's choice of the name Fedora does not affect the issue.
Fedora IS the non-commercial side of Red Hat and is cross-fertilised by them.
Each cross-fertilises teh other.   I suggest that you look Fedora up rather
than repeating that you do not mean Fedora.  You do mean Fedora.  Red Hat
changed the name from Red Hat when they stopped supporting it.

This is getting silly.  You don't know or don't want to know the actual
situation, so I shall not bother to reply again. But my future silence does
not mean that I have bowed to your superior knowledge, rather that I have
better things to do with my time.

Lisi