cant access google but ONLY from this machine

Wade Smart wadesmart at gmail.com
Tue May 12 21:53:22 UTC 2009

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> Wade Smart wrote:
>> 20090512 1635 GMT-5
>>
>> I have been sitting here researching these usb wireless adapters and
>> about fifteen minutes ago I noticed that I couldnt access google. Then
>> any page I clicked from my original google search page wouldnt come up.
>>
>> I then tried another search site like yahoo thinking it was my
>> connection but it was fine. Then I tried accessing from my laptop and
>> other computers in the house and they all connect fine.
>>
>> I restarted both of my browsers (ff and opera). I dumped the cache. Im
>> rebooting now. This is a bit odd that its just my computer.
>>
>> Wade
>>
>     Hi Wade I was not able to even ping google.com for an hour this
> afternoon in New Mexico, USA. My IMAP to gmail was gone. It must have
> been a huge failure at Google. But as they say Google is still in Beta
> testing :-X
>
> Karl

20090512 1648 GMT-5

Ah... beta :D

But I can access it from my laptop and my other machines in the house.

I did just reboot and then again dumped the cache on both browsers and
still I cant get access.

I pinged www.google.com from my laptop and its fine.
 From this computer: 5 packets sent, 0% success.

Ok.. what can cause 1 in 4 machines NOT to access a site?
Im wired directly to the router, the others are wireless.

Wade
--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Linux since June 2005