openoffice.org-kde for openoffice-pkgs PPA

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Tue May 12 20:50:46 UTC 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>    I can't answer because I had no idea there is a KDE version OOo for
>> KDE.
>>

> The openoffice.org-kde package adds KDE integration into OOo, for
> instance, it lets OOo use KDE file chooser dialogues.
>

>> I use thunderbird for gnome in KDE and wonder if there is a
>> kthunderbird I should get?
>>

> Mozilla applications need a wrapper, but I think that it is
> unmaintained and currently does not work (at least, not with Firefox
> 3).

    I do use Thunderbird email client and it fails to work well when I
have KDE turned on. The problem is that I can't read the mail as I do
under Gnome. In gnome I just hit Down Arrow and another email is shown.
With KDE this does not work. I had to double or triple click the email
so it is displayed away from Thunderbird. Then you have to delete that
message.

Karl