The future of Ubuntu Linux.... Will it make Micro$oft go bankrupt?

Franz Waldmüller waldbauernbub at gmx.at
Tue May 12 19:12:13 UTC 2009

>> Sorry to hear this. My two sons do all their homework assignments on
>> Open Office, except for the computer-lab stuff that they are required
>> to do at school on Windows. They save their files as Word, Excel and
>> Powerpoint compatible and have never had anything "blow up" when
>> presenting in class or emailing to their teachers.
Give your sons a flashdrive with openoffice portable installed.
-) They can work on any windows pc with their own version of openoffice
(no installation required)
-) they start their presentation from the flashdrive -> this way a lot
of people will take notice of this free office suite
http://portableapps.com/apps/office/openoffice_portable
check out the other applications, too:
http://portableapps.com/
I like to carry my software suite with me.
Franz