The future of Ubuntu Linux.... Will it make Micky$oft go bankrupt?

Franz Waldmüller waldbauernbub at gmx.at
Tue May 12 14:26:38 UTC 2009

Karl Auer schrieb:

> Given that Skype is also free, it's a bit of a slam-dunk. Most people
> couldn't care less about free-as-in-freedom, as long as a) it works and
> b) they don't pay for it.

It is quite sad that millions of people rely on a network which is
controlled by a single company. To use a proprietary communication
protocoll, and a program which was designed to circumvent firewalls and
other network monitoring efforts. As an administrator I consider Skype
as malware.
It is very difficult for an admin to prevent the skype usage.

Franz