The future of Ubuntu Linux.... Will it make Micky$oft go bankrupt?

Odd iodine at runbox.no
Tue May 12 11:43:52 UTC 2009

Amit Kumar wrote:

>     What does "coming together of Linuxes" mean?
>
> Oh, related to my earlier mails: I meant a standardization effort for
> applications on the various Linux flavors, collaboration and putting a
> united front for proprietary OSes (something like the role EU performs
> for European nations). See http://www.linuxfoundation.org/ and
> http://www.linux.com/ . These are some new efforts. IMO such efforts
> would be crucial for boosting Linux.

I see. Yes, that is a much needed effort. I would like to see that
happen as well. One of my pet peeves with Linux has been that
software for one distro is incompatible with another. There are
work-arounds of course, but they should really not be needed.
I think the baseline standard they have made is a good start.

--
Odd