Evolution send mail though proxy setting, how to? -- 2.26.1 still doesn't work!

Daniel.Li daniel_li at usish.com
Tue May 12 01:57:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 09:33 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> Daniel.Li wrote:
> > I found evolution 2.26.1 still doesn't work when sending mail though
> > proxy.
> >
> > Is it ture?
> >

> Email clients do not use proxies.

Actually it does have a proxy setting in evolution, see below path.

Edit -> Preferences -> Network Preferences -> proxy settings

And we also have network proxy setting in ubuntu system, see below path.

System -> Network proxy

What I'm quite confused is

a) Is their any relation ship between above to settings?
b) How to set proxy correctly for evolution? Cause we have a 8080 proxy
server connected to internet.
c) Evolution 2.24 has a bug with this, and it's fixed on 2.26. Is it
true?

I have been waiting for 2.26 for quite a long time :(

--
Daniel