Network upgrade from Hardy directly to Jaunty

Anthony M. Rasat anthony.rasat at gmail.com
Mon May 11 15:39:01 UTC 2009

Oliver Grawert wrote:
>because config transitions between packages are only tested on a per-release base ...
>if the naming of config option A changed from "name" to "newname" >that will only be handled between two releases, if you skip the release >where it was handled you might lose the former setting

I agree. But in other words, you just took the fun out of using Linux.

>given that a default ubuntu install consists of 1000s of packages its very >likely you will lose configurations or end up with broken stuff

Aww c'mon, it's like snowboarding, it can be fun but it could brake your leg.

>if you really blog about it, make sure to put a big red warning around that >post to make sure "jane average user" knows that it might result in >breakage and is a matter of luck if it works

Yup, big red, got it. But apparently I don't have to. Google already pick it up. Oops?

http://www.google.com/search?client=ms-rim&hl=en&q=hardy+directly+to+jaunty&channel=browser&ie=UTF-8

--

Regards,

Anthony M. Rasat
Manager - Technical, Network and Support Division
PT. Jawa Pos National Network
Graha Pena Jawa Pos Group Building, 5th floor
Jln. Raya Kebayoran Lama 12, Jakarta Selatan 12210
Indonesia.-
Phone 02132185562
Phone 081574217035
Fax 02153651465