Network upgrade from Hardy directly to Jaunty

Anthony M. Rasat anthony.rasat at gmail.com
Mon May 11 14:39:10 UTC 2009

Nils Kassube wrote:
>I wouldn't even try this approach because there is an official way for
>upgrading Hardy -> Jaunty. Install kubuntu-desktop (even if you don't
>plan to use KDE) and then use the methods described here:
><https://help.ubuntu.com/community/JauntyUpgrades/Kubuntu/8.04>
>
>> Ok then, blog it up, Scotty.
>
>Better not IMHO. There is already enough of questionable advice on the
>net.

Fair enough. My way is showing to get from A to B in a "A --> B" kinda way but it's illegal. Yours is kinda "A --> A2 --> B2 --> B" which is the right way to do it.

Why is that better again?

--

Regards,

Anthony M. Rasat
Manager - Technical, Network and Support Division
PT. Jawa Pos National Network
Graha Pena Jawa Pos Group Building, 5th floor
Jln. Raya Kebayoran Lama 12, Jakarta Selatan 12210
Indonesia.-
Phone 02132185562
Phone 081574217035
Fax 02153651465