Unable to login as root

Max E.K max at kimambo.co.tz
Mon May 11 12:13:19 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 17:22 +0530, dheeraj bansal wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am a new-bie to linux. Recently I had installed Ubuntu 8.10 and
> since then I am not able to login as root in GUI, although I can
> switch to super user by sudo command but is there any way to login in
> GUI at the time of login by root. Any help will be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Dheeraj  Bansal

On another thought.

To make your changes permanent you will need to edit

/etc/gdm/gdm.conf file

and change this part

[security]
# Allow root to login.  It makes sense to turn this off for kiosk use,
when
# you want to minimize the possibility of break in.
AllowRoot=false

to AllowRoot=true

reboot and you can login as root at the GUI

Max.
Max E. Kimambo
Franz-Stenzer-Str, 51
12679 Berlin