Visually Impaired List Members

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Sun May 10 06:46:54 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 07:59, Graham Todd <grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Linux has already made great strides in involving disabled people in
> our community.  It is not perfect yet - there is still much to do - but
> there must be a way to make involvement on the lists much easier.
> After all it's the place we help each other with technical matters.

I would say the best start is to engage with those that have a visual
impairment. So in one regard, we are on the right track :)

Further, I think that making sure that we are aware and push for
screen reader compatibility as much as we can is another good step.

I can imagine that trying to find paragraphs (p) and large objects (o)
is a difficultt programming feat given quoting, email structure and
what have you.

Lorenzo, have you told the Thunderbird developers about this via a bug
report or email and can you or other screen reader users that you may
know help then with the trouble shooting? Computer programming works
better with feedback loops from the user community :)

L.

--
Vive les poissons rouges sauvages!