What kubuntu is least likely to be a problem for a Dell inspiron 6000

Robert Swanson mapa-kettle at shaw.ca
Sun May 10 05:08:54 UTC 2009

> You don't say on what hardware so I'll assume it's something pretty
> bland. I'd go for an LTS installation.
>
> --
> Steve

Sorry,
	I mentioned it in the subject of the message but forgot to put the fact that
it is a Dell Inspiron 6000.  I have downloaded 8.04 and will load it
tomorrow.  She already has Fedora loaded, and had two problems.  She couldn't
access the windoze partition, so I changed the grub menu so windoze would
boot.  She also thought that the wireless ethernet was not being recognised.
It is there, and Fedora is working perfectly, so I have left it up to her
whether I put in Kubuntu.
	I would rather not replace a perfectly good installation on a last minute
gamble that 8.04 will load properly, but I have burned the disk and am ready.
Thanks for the reply,
Bob