Microsoft

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Sat May 9 20:59:16 UTC 2009

2009/5/9 Selcuk Y. <abbigss at gmail.com>:
> Hi from Istanbul - Turkey..(It is 25 C here, summer is coming)
>
> I am on the way to swear not to use any MS app..,
>
> But i still have doubts:)
>
> I have two problems:
>
> Is there any "ConvertxtoDVD-like" DVD burning application?

Unfortunately I don't know. The default DVD burning application in
Ubuntu is Brasero. Maybe it can do what you want, or maybe not, but
there are other stuff out there. There is a Linux version of Nero
available (only the burning part, no Cover designer and things like
that), but that'll cost you some money.

> Is there any "Media Player Classic-like"  video player?

We all have different needs, so I guess different people will give you
different answers. My problem was that I couldn't play music files
gaplessly until I found an audio player called Songbird, all the
others failed that test in one way otr the other. However, that's only
an audio player.

There are a couple of Media players however, that you could try: VLC,
MPlayer, Totem (default player in Ubuntu) and a lot more.