Inappropriate tone on this mailing list and requirement for governance

Lucio M Nicolosi lmnicolosi at gmail.com
Sat May 9 05:01:42 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 12:07 AM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 05/06/2009 01:14 AM, Oliver Grawert wrote:
>>
>> The tone used on this mailing list recently got a lot worse and totally
>> out of bounds with the requirement to respect the Ubuntu Code of Conduct
>> [1] for posts to this list.
>
> Can this, and other related threads *please* be moved to Sounder or some
> other appropriate list/forum?

I beg to disagree.

I think discussions about this subject are relevant and should be
easily available to every subscriber, even if it takes bandwidth.
After all Oliver and Headquarters are being kind enough to bring the
issue to the list when they could just take incisive, unilateral
action (at least they are alerting us in advance).

If a moderation committee is required (and observing some of our pals
behavior and our own replies, I can't help but agree) next problem is
how to appoint the members of such a committee. Democratic vote? A
coup d'etat? The King's  choice? Living in a self proclaimed
democratic country, sometimes I envy the monarchies.

I guess most of our active and wise regulars would quote Groucho Marx
and say something like: "I don't want to belong to any club that will
accept me as a member" or "I don't want the Sheriff's badge".

Just my 2 Pfennig since I carry no Euros.

--
L M Nicolosi, Eng.
Lat.:  23°34'4.79"S - Long.: 46°39'59.53"W