iTALC

anthony baldwin photodharma at gmail.com
Sat May 9 04:41:27 UTC 2009

Mark Miller wrote:
> I am trying to set up iTALC (allows teacher to monitor and take
> control of student computers).  I get the error message shown in the
> screenshot.
>
> Sorry it's not included, but I can't figure a way to insert graphics
> into gmail.
>
> The message isn't very helpful.  I AM the system administrator someone
> would come see to correct the problem; I have no idea what the next
> step would be.  I though Synaptic brought in all the necessary
> components so I wouldn't hve to go looking for anything else.
>
> Please feed the noob.
>
> tnx
>
> mcm

Gosh, Mark,

You've probably already looked here, but I don't know:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/iTalc
Might help.
I have no experience with this tool.

What happens if you try to run iTALC from the command line?
If you could post output from the command, it would help us diagnose the issue.

Additionally, you may want to join the iTALC users' e-list and ask your questions there: