when shutdown or restart ,the motherboard have a short beep

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 9 01:48:43 UTC 2009

On 05/08/2009 06:31 PM, Steven Susbauer wrote:
> On Fri, 08 May 2009 19:45:25 -0500, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> On 04/18/2009 12:01 AM, ning luwen wrote:
>>> not in POST, in the procedure of shutting down.
>>>
>>> now the one short beep change to two short beeps.
>>
>> Have a look at:
>> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fast-user-switch-applet/+bug/372866>
>>
>> [jaunty shutdown with beeps, Please help]
>>
>> Note: I get 2-3 beeps as well & it *is* irritating.
>>

> One beep is not too out of the ordinary, the shutdown command often causes
> a beep. The multiple beeps on shutdown is a bug.
>
> BTW the bug you linked is a duplicate, I have marked it as such. :)
>
>   -Steve

Ah, thanks for that.

I consider even one beep on shutdown to be a bug. Imagine a student in a
class with volume up that shutsdown a laptop... beep! & disturbs
everyone around him/her. It's as anoying as having a Windows user next
to you with the startup/shutdown wav files blaring.

[OT] I only ran across 372866 because I was looking to figure out how to
fix the FUSA that they screwed up since Hardy. It's a pain having to
have two applets; one for shutdown & one for user switching
login/logout. On a few systems I said yes to allow the upgrade to modify
& those give a dropdown w/logout + shutdown. Now I just have to figure
out how to do the same to the others that I didn't say yes to during the
upgrade.