Cannot install OOo 3.1 from openoffice-pkgs

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 9 01:36:25 UTC 2009

On 05/08/2009 03:42 PM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> To add the key, the simplest way is:
>>
>> $ sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com 247D1CFF
>>

> That's not working as the keyserver seems to be down for me.
>
>> Note: I've not installed as you can see from the above, but the packages
>> are definately there.
>>

> Yes, but running update and upgrade was leaving me on 3.0 for some reason.

Without the key installed you won't see them. If you do:

$ sudo apt-get update

you will most likely get the key error for those ppa's. Once the key is
installed you should be fine - I'm installing them now on a test system.
You might want to wait until I've finished to see what the results are?
Keep in mind that I don't & won't do KDE, so any feedback with be
regarding a Gnome install.