Cannot install OOo 3.1 from openoffice-pkgs

Paul S paulatgm at gmail.com
Fri May 8 23:54:47 UTC 2009

Dotan Cohen said the following on 05/08/2009 02:00 PM:
> Although the openoffice-pkgs _should_ have 3.1, I do not see it as
> being available for installation when I enable that repo. Could anyone
> shed some light? I do see from the PPA page that the l10n packages did

I had some problems with jaunty's ooo 3.0.1.  Specifically, it would not
copy and paste in a spreadsheet I use daily.  So, I removed it and
installed the deb binary from ooo site.  It works fine.  Now that 3.1.0
is out, I'm glad I already made this swap, because it's already
available in binary deb.

I like the new spreadsheet feature that shows a popup of the formula
elements as you enter it into a cell.  Neat improvement.

So, it's a good alternative to waiting.

regards,