could someone recommend a small gnome based operating system?

Robert Hodgins ehodgins at telusplanet.net
Fri May 8 19:04:41 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-08 at 11:49 -0700, Charlie Dorff wrote:
> Hi...
> I was wondering if anyone knows of a gnome based operating system that
> is really small. I know that there is xubuntu that is xfce but I
> really need a small gnome based operating system. Thanks.
> Charlie

You can use Debian for a small gnome based OS.

First, go here:
http://www.howtoforge.com/the-perfect-desktop-debian-lenny

to get familiar with the Debian installation steps. Read down to where
the instructions say

"Select Desktop environment and Standard system on the Software
selection screen and hit Continue:"

and then follow the instructions on this page:
http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2009/03/how-to-debian-lenny-minimal.html

HTH