Inappropriate tone on this mailing list and requirement for governance

Gilles Gravier ggravier at fsfe.org
Fri May 8 12:47:07 UTC 2009

Hi!

Glenn Holmer wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-05-08 at 12:39 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
>
>> well, feel free to make suggestions to each part you dislike and improve
>> it, imho its a good base to start from.
>>
> Simplified code of conduct:
>
> 1. Look before you ask.
> 2. Know before you tell.
> 3. Think before you type.
> 4. Be nice
There's a LOT (of GOOD) to be said about simplified rules. But the thing
is that some people need it clarified. That's why you ALWAYS end up with
more verbosity than some would want... and still not enough for some who
somehow fail to understand what is meant.

Also... it misses a :

5. Educate

(If somebody shows lack of understanding, don't bash (be nice) and
explain clearly (educate) how to... I know some enjoy cryptic responses
on the basis that it forces people to learn, but that's NOT the only way
to teach...)

Gilles