The problem with blacklists and false positives

R Kimber richardkimber at btinternet.com
Fri May 8 11:50:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, 08 May 2009 07:35:39 +0800
Christopher Chan wrote:

> Moderators would have to be able to train bogofilter and in fact they
> would have to do that from the very start and approve each and every
> mail until bogofilter becomes sufficiently accurate to leave only a
> small workload if it ever gets to that point.

No.  You can collect a corpus of posts that are agreed to be good and
another that are agreed to be unacceptable, and then train on these.
This is not an unduly onerous task, and certainly avoids having to look
at each and every post.  Bogofilter, in my experience, quickly becomes
fairly accurate.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber