Firefox/Flashplayer 10.0

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 7 23:06:37 UTC 2009

On 05/04/2009 03:38 PM, John Graddy wrote:
> I have just upgraded to Ubuntu 9.04 using the upgrade option in the
> Update Manager.  I have the flash 10.0 r22 plugin.
>
> When I run a Youtube video, Firefox aborts after a few seconds.  When I
> run Firefox from a terminal in order to get any error messages, I get
> the following when Firefox aborts.
>
> firefox: /build/buildd/cairo-1.8.6/src/cairo-surface.c:861:
> cairo_surface_set_device_offset: Assertion `status ==
> CAIRO_STATUS_SUCCESS' failed.
> Aborted
>
> When I Google this message, I get no hits.

John, you might want to use synaptic to reinstall. I've found several of
my applications (even some of the mainstream one's) somehow failed
following the upgrade on a few machines. Reinstalling the app generally
has sorted out the issues for me. Try reinstalling: firefox,
adobe-flashplugin, and firefox-gnome-support, libcairo2. You can of
course reinstall all of those via the cli:

$ sudo apt-get install --reinstall <packagename>