Browser-based conferencing solutions for ubuntu?

komputes komputes at gmail.com
Thu May 7 20:51:18 UTC 2009

Hi David,

All the browser-based videoconferencing that I've seen services are
based on flash. There is currently a bug which has been reported against
flash 10 payer for this type of webcam support:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/flashplugin-nonfree/+bug/358599
http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-2007

The bug is that the webcam works once and then stops. Services such as
Adobe Connect and Userplane are a few services this can be tested on.

-komputes