Hardy - Intrepid - Jaunty Update

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 7 20:25:17 UTC 2009

On 04/28/2009 02:44 PM, Brian McKee wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 5:32 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> I'll be
>> danged... sound for the video on the intrepid machine starts pumping out
>> of my hardy speakers! Found that I can only control the volume from the
>> hardy machine... but I must say that this whole process has pretty much
>> blown my mind today. Now I have to figure out how all of this works
>> before I attempt to upgrade this hardy machine. Never could figure out
>> how to get pulse audio to work properly in hardy to hardy.
>
> Now that's just cool.  If you have an idiots guide to alsa and pulse
> audio around, I'd love to have it.

Did an update on the hardy machine to intrepid... sound only worked
using OSS. But got it all working again with:

[HOWTO: PulseAudio Fixes & System-Wide Equalizer Support]

I now have sound playing across the lan from all Ubuntu machines (hardy,
intrepid & jaunty).

That seems to be the most up-to-date guide that I'm aware of.