[OT] Re: 'Tone of the list' discussion

Lorenzo Taylor daxlinux at gmail.com
Thu May 7 18:22:49 UTC 2009

Amedee Van Gasse (Ubuntu) wrote with regard to my signature:
# This "Klingon" is obscene language for me. ;-)

Made me laugh again. Hey, that's the second time you've done that. Looks like
you are well on your way to getting moderated. NOT! :)

Actually, my signature is in Esperanto. It is the last stanza from the 3rd verse
of "La Espero", which is the officially recognized anthem of Esperanto.
Translated to the best of my beginning but quickly growing knowledge of the
language, it roughly means:

Our diligent colleagues in peaceful work will not tire until the beautiful dream
of humanity for an eternal blessing is realized.

Note that this is my translation and seriously messes up the original poetic
flow, but it seems to convey the meaning of the stanza well enough I hope.

BTW, here's an attempt to make you and anyone else who reads this thread laugh.
My spell checker in Thunderbird would have me replace your name, Amedee Van
Gasse in this message with "Amended Van Gasser". Just thought I'd share this
little bit of computerized insanity which is a spell checker. LOL.

Pacon kaj longan vivon, (peace and long life),
Lorenzo
--
Nia diligenta kolegaro
En laboro paca ne laciĝos,