Interesting suggestions about quoting and posting

Lorenzo Taylor daxlinux at gmail.com
Thu May 7 17:49:12 UTC 2009

Now posting this in the correct thread.

It seems I found the answer, or at least a partial solution to my
quoting/attribution problem. It seems that if I select a portion of a message
that I want to quote before replying to it, the selected part is automatically
quoted and pasted along with its attribution in my reply for me to freely
exercise my editing abilities. I still don't like the fact that I can't seem to
change the wording of the attribution automatically and have to edit it by hand
every time because I don't like the big long one Thunderbird gives me, but I at
least know how to only quote what I want and leave the rest out instead of
having to find and delete the parts I don't want, and I do get an attribution
that I can tailor to my exacting specifications without having to manually type
in the name from a previous message. Hm. I wonder if this works if I have
multiple messages that I want to answer along with their attributed quotes in a
single reply because they are very much related. This is rare, but would be a
rather useful plus IMO.

Peace and long life,
Lorenzo
--