Wubi seems stuck during download

Ashley Benton chuaukantli at gmail.com
Thu May 7 14:10:38 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Charlie Kravetz <cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
> wrote:

> On Thu, 07 May 2009 14:44:56 +0100
> Charlie Gray <cgray at xelix.net> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Hmm.. Charlie Kravetz, what need would Wubi have to use the internet?
> > Because everything it needs is contained within the ISO surely? I'll
> > take a look at them bugs you posted.
> >

> Most of the installer programs do access the internet. Language support
> at the very least is not complete without internet access during
> installation. If you watch the connection during the installation, you
> will see the access that is happening.

Thanks to your advices using safe mode without internet connection, the
installation worked perfectly and Ubuntu was installed using wubi. I will
now reconnect and do the updates.
No you can install without Internet connection that is not the first time I
do it and it usually works perfectly, you just have to have internet if you
want the updates or need internet.

Thank you

Meg