'Tone of the list' discussion

Dirk Freitag unreal.linux at gmail.com
Thu May 7 12:37:13 UTC 2009

On May 7, 2009, at 7:26 AM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

> Is there a reason that we cannot just continue to behave like adults
> and continue to request that others behave like adults, killfiling as
> needed those who refuse?
>
> Are we really so afraid of the goofy actions of a few that we need to
> cut them off at the ankles?  Can we not stand a little stupidity from
> time to time?
>
> I, for one, believe the list to be  quite friendly compared to some
> others (hell, most others) and see no reason to install censors.
> In fact, censorship has already caused me to drop several email lists.
> If this one becomes censored, I shall drop this one, too.
>
> Hey, maybe that's one good reason to censor the list.
>
> Cybe R. Wizard
> --
> Registered Linux user # 126326
> Registered Ubuntu User # 2136

+1

I agree with you entirely.  We are all capable of acting like adults,
so I vote against any kind of censorship.  If we can't handle
ourselves in a mature, adult manner then we all have bigger issues.
Censoring this list would ruin it.

--
Dirk Freitag
Linux Registered User Number 487244          [http://counter.li.org/]