I downloaded 9.0.4 but can't find it on my computer.

Ulf Rompe ulf.buntu at rompe.org
Thu May 7 06:17:10 UTC 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 06.05.2009, 06:46 -0600 schrieb Karl F. Larsen:
>     Try this: $ locate *.iso
>
> This should find all the .iso files. On my computer it did:
>
> karl at karl-hardy:~$ locate *.iso
> /home/karl/Desktop/clonezilla-live-1.0.10-8.iso

     1. Chances are high that the OP is a Windows user (up to now) and
        thus doesn't have "locate" at hands.
     2. locate won't find a new file until "updatedb" has been run,
        which normally happens every morning.
     3. Your shell will expand the unquoted wildcard as soon as it finds
        a match. The above command only works because your CWD doesn't
        contain an iso file. Touch a file called "pr0n.iso" and your
        command will search exactly for that file.

[x] ulf
--
Doing a job RIGHT the first time gets the job done.
Doing the job WRONG fourteen times gives you job security.