Inappropriate tone on this mailing list and requirement for governance

Robert Parker rlp1938 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 13:13:24 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 6:30 PM, M. Fioretti <mfioretti at nexaima.net> wrote:
> On Wed, May 06, 2009 12:08:28 PM +0100, Graham Todd wrote:
>
>> In my ignorance I thought this *was* the Moderated list.  Would you
>> kindly direct me to the Moderated list?
>
> There is no such list, hence the proposal to which I replied.
>
> What moderation really means is "every single incoming post, **even**
> from regular subscribers is examined by a moderator who can decide
> whether to discard it or forward it to all list subscribers". This
> list isn't moderated, otherwise this whole thread would have never
> started. (and note that I do not suggest to moderate it)

Actually moderation does not mean that at all. I am a moderator of
another list and what it means there is whatever we, the moderators,
want it to mean.
In practice, on the list I am talking about, is that some members
posts simply post without restriction but those inclined to publish
abuse of various kinds are held up pending moderators approval.

Maybe that is an ability lacking in the list software here but I
simply don't know.

Bob
--
In a world without walls who needs Windows (or Gates)? Try Linux instead!